Okay, so given my last post on the big fat Indian weddings, it is not that I am against the institution of marriage or something, it is just that it does not make sense to splurge on publicly announcing the wedding. There are a lot of beautiful happenings about weddings especially when you have the right partner and you two connect well. Here are some of those :
- You find someone who accepts you for who you are, you have a companion whom you can rely on, someone you can talk about anything, anytime. A friend you can trust, with the most precious gift, yourself.
- You get to learn a lot from each other. A LOT. Especially when you complement each other & your partner is smart.
- You learn to trust. It is generally difficult to trust people, but when you get married, I learn to trust instinctively.
- When you connect well, life becomes beautiful :)
- You have a whole new family. Whether you are a girl or a guy, you have people who come close, very close to you.
- You learn to adjust & adapt.
- & if you have a big fat indian wedding, the whole family has a major get together. lol