As of yesterday, 1072 IIT alumni, students, faculty and retired faculty participated in the survey. Mostly from IITKanpur.
The major findings are that :
1. 73% disagree to have a common entrance exam for Centrally Funded
Technical Institutes (CFTI) including IITs unlike the current system
where all IITs have JEE while other institutes have their own entrance
2. 91% disagree that 40% weight to Class XII Board exam
marks be given in determining rank for admission to CFTIs. In fact 66%
wish to give 0% weight to class XII marks.
3. 87% disagree that only 60% weight, instead of current 100%, to entrance exam to be designed and administered by HRD Ministry
4. 95% disagree that HRD Ministry be involved in designing and Administering JEE rather than IITs
5. 84% are disatisfied with PanIIT's support for HRD Ministry's proposal.
6. About 84% think that HRD Ministry's prposal will negatively impact IITs autnomy, quality of graduates, and IIT Brand.